Math at Play – Make your own number line
Credit for this post really should go to DD, because this was entirely her idea and effort. I’m just the scribe. 🙂
So then, how to make your own number line or ruler.
(I think it’s brilliant! I wish I had been that smart at four. But it’s too late for me now, ha!)
1. Take out your number sticker pack.
2. Paste down the numbers from 1 till…hm, the last number that can fit on the sheet of paper. Whichever way you arranged your paper to begin with. So it ended with 18 on hers.
3. Using a pair of scissors, carefully cut out your number line/ruler.
4. Measure everything and everyone in close range. Like baby bro’s face length. And Daddy’s. And Mummy’s.
5. Patiently entertain Mummy’s randomly made up math problems. Like whose face is longer – Di Di’s or hers…or how many units is Daddy’s face longer than Mummy’s….etc etc.