Archive | September 21, 2011
- Allow yourself to snooze through three rounds of the clock’s alarm.
- While brushing teeth, randomly decide today is the day you would like to attempt making omelette for the first time. Instead of sensibly serving dry cereals.
- Disregarding the fact that you need to leave home at 8:30am.
- Start tweaking the recipe midway because you don’t have two of the original ingredients.
- Be so pleased with the outcome that you decide to make a second omelette!
Did we leave at 8:30am? Umm…no, heheh, we got out closer to 8:37am.
Leaving behind all the dishes in the sink and two rather messy bedrooms. But we had a really yummy breakfast! 😀
My tweaked Omelette recipe:-
- 2 eggs
- Dash of mixed herbs of your choice
- Handful of cheddar or any sharp cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat up an 8-inch non-stick pan. Add a knob of butter and swirl around to ensure pan is evenly greased.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add salt and pepper if you like.
- Pour whisked egg into heated pan. As the egg mixture starts to firm, gently push one edge of the egg with your spatula, into the centre of the pan. Tilt the pan to allow the still-liquid egg to flow in and fill the space. Repeat these steps until there’s no liquid left.
- Loosen the omelette at the edges with the spatula. It should be able to slide easily around on the non stick surface.
- Sprinkle the herbs and grated cheese (or whatever other filling takes your fancy).
- Lift one edge of the egg, fold it across and over. Slide onto a plate.