DH came back one day and showed me how to make a book out of a single piece of paper. You can get six pages on the inset, and if you flip it over, you will have an additional six pages.
From a single sheet – how cool is that? I can make loads of little books for the kids to draw their stories in.
You will need the following materials: Single sheet of paper (A4 size or larger works best), scissors, coloured paper, glue.
1. Fold the sheet of paper in half widthwise.
2. Fold this into half, and then fold into another half. You should end up with your sheet of paper, divided into eight equal sections.
4. Unfold your sheet of paper, like the picture below, and make a cut halfway along the centre fold, perpendicular to the base.
You should get this.
5. Fold back down along the length of the paper, and push from each end, to get a book with six pages.
6. We cut the letters, b-o-o-k, from coloured paper. Here’s DS trying to make an all new weird and wonderful word…
7. Pasted them on…
8. When the glue is dry, write or draw something in your very own book.