Alphabet Wall: Making…f is for fun foam fish
I had a flash of inspiration for our alphabet wall while chewing on my dinner one of the weekday nights and so we dove into a quick art attack before bedtime with DD.
You will need the following materials: Artblock sheet, craft foam, marker or pen, glue, scissors, colour pencils or crayons.
1. Draw the letter f on the artblock sheet, and within its outline, draw a fish.
2. Cut out some “fish scales” from the craft foam and set aside.
3. Apply glue on the body of the fish.
4. Paste! Parents can leverage this opportunity for a lesson in patterns or counting. I’d prepared this in five minutes with leftover craft foam from making our Christmas ornaments, but if I could do it all again, I’d like to use more colours for the scales, and maybe throw in some shiny aluminium foil ones too. f is for foam and f is for foil! 🙂
5. After you’re done pasting all the scales, colour the fish.
And our Bible verse to tie the whole lesson together…“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” – Matthew 4:19
Oops…this is what happens when you check the verse only after trying to write it from memory. Yeesh. 😛